To volunteer, call Rodd at 903.617.2817 or email email@example.com.
The purpose of the produce distribution volunteers is to provide fresh fruits and vegetables to PATH clients.
Special Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to volunteer time and services
- Ability to work outdoors and stand for 2 to 4 hours
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other personnel and volunteers
- Ability to effectively cope with a diverse client population and their families and work under conditions of moderate stress
- Ability to distribute food to clients in a courteous manner and with sensitivity
- Work Wednesday mornings starting in March and ending in September.
- Shifts are scheduled Wednesdays 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM
- Prepare food bags with available produce
- Distribute “allowance” of specific fruit or vegetable to clients as they walk through a distribution line
- Depending on ability and assignment – Break down boxes for recycling
- Assist other volunteers and the Resources Manager
- Resolve complaints within scope of information and authority and refer to others, as appropriate
- Refer clients to other community resources when appropriate.
- Keep all client information confidential.
Produce Distribution Volunteers will work closely with the Volunteer Coordinator, Resources Coordinator, other volunteers, and community services workers. Produce Distribution volunteers will report to the Resources Coordinator.